TRANSFERRING CREDITS TO VANGUARD
- Evidence of honorable dismissal from all other schools attended is required. Those courses that a student seeks to transfer should have a minimum grade of C- (70%-72%) or its equivalent according to Vanguard’s grading scale.
- To be transferable, a course must be the equivalent or near to the equivalent of the Vanguard program requirements, or fit within the maximum number of elective hours in the particular program selected.
- A student from an Association of Biblical Higher Education (formerly the Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges (AABC)) accredited school will receive full credit for equivalent courses provided grades earned were C- (70%-72%; or its equivalent according to Vanguard’s grading scale) or above and that the courses parallel requirements outlined in the program selected.
- Grades for credits transferred will not appear on the transcript nor will they be considered when calculating a student’s grade point average.
- Diploma and Degree students wishing to graduate from Vanguard will need to take at least 30 credit hours at Vanguard.
- Concerning Recognized Unaccredited Colleges:
- Applicants from a recognized unaccredited college, as deemed by the Academic Affairs Committee, may potentially receive up to 50% credit for courses taken there.
- Transfer credit will only be awarded upon completion of 15 credit hours of study at Vanguard with a minimum grade point average of 2.3 (C, 73-76%).
- Applicants from a recognized unaccredited college deemed to exceed minimum standards may receive more than 50% credit for courses, provided residency requirements are met.
- The courses must meet Vanguard’s transfer credit criteria of a minimum mark of 70% (1.7 grade point, C- letter grade) or equivalent and must parallel courses in their chosen program of study as core or elective credit.
- Along with official transcripts applicants may be asked to provide appropriate documentation to demonstrate that the courses taken at the recognized unaccredited college parallel Vanguard’s courses.
- In relation to correspondence schools:
- Courses from Summit Pacific College Distance Education are transferable provided the courses meet the above noted criteria.
- Courses from the International Correspondence Institute University (ICI University), part of the Global University System, are transferable to a maximum of 30 hours.
- Courses from other recognized correspondence schools may be transferable to a limited extent.
- All requests for correspondence credit require assessment and approval by the Registrar.