HMS: Intercultural Studies Certificate
IT’S MORE THAN JUST A YEAR TO SEE THE WORLD, IT’S A YEAR TO LIVE WITH PURPOSE AND A YEAR TO BUILD A FIRM FOUNDATION. HMS IS A JOURNEY INTO MISSIONS AND DISCIPLESHIP.
What do you get when you join a group of students, throw yourself into a program of intense ministry, worship, drama training and practice? Cram into mini-vans, drive around Alberta, Vancouver or the Northwest Territories as well as go to Asia for 7 weeks? You get community that lasts.
We believe that a missions preparation and discipleship school should immerse you in real-life missions ministry. HMS offers a combination of biblical study, training for local and overseas ministry that will transform you for a lifetime. Through numerous trips to major urban centers, small towns, rural Canada and Asia, you will see God change lives.
In HMS you will get to experience almost every type of ministry imaginable from Children, Youth and Adult ministry, Drama, Music, Humanitarian Aid, Teaching English and Relational Ministry.
You will also participate in weekly small groups and monthly mentoring where you will learn spiritual disciplines, receive accountability and experience personal spiritual growth.
The HMS program enables to you minister practically and effectively combining by education and experience. Students in the HMS program will study biblical/theological studies courses to lay a firm foundation, personal discipleship courses to challenge their personal growth, and missions courses to prepare them for intercultural ministry.
Credits taken in the HMS program may be transferred if the student should wish to continue on in the intercultural studies degree program or in other degree or diploma programs at Vanguard College.
Graduates of the HMS Program will be able to demonstrate:
- An enhanced desire to pursue Christian discipleship, spiritual formation and personal character development.
- Greater knowledge of Biblical, Theological and Intercultural principles.
- Commitment to the life-long journey into missions and discipleship.
- Personal growth and maturity through one-on-one mentorship, personal spiritual formation, and a strong community environment.
- Confidence to use passions and gifts to be effective in practical ministry outreach with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- Experience working in a variety of ministry contexts in Canada as well as Overseas.
- A passion and understanding for Gods people.