IEC: 1 Year Certificate
The Intercultural Effectiveness Certificate meets the growing need to prepare those who have work, life and post-secondary education experience, and want to volunteer or work in a cross-cultural setting. The purpose of this one year certificate is to prepare candidates for the mission field, assist them in meeting the criteria set out by individual agencies and increase their effectiveness as missionaries. Input from the various agencies has been sought and used in developing the program.
Students will take part in a short term trip either to Urban Vancouver or the Rural Northwest Territories, in the fall semester of their program. There are options to take part in the Asia overseas trip or design another short term intercultural experience. These experiences along with potential for leadership development give the students hand on experience and helps to build confidence for further cross-cultural endeavours.
This program is designed to be flexible in its delivery methods, catering to a variety of individuals in various stages of life and pursuit of their calling to cross-cultural service. Courses can be completed on-line, in class, modular options and independent or directed studies. Vanguard College provides theological and missiological training tailored to the individual student. The emphasis is on education and experience in both discipleship and missions.
Graduates of the IEC Program will be able to demonstrate:
- An enhanced desire to pursue Christian discipleship, spiritual formation and personal character development.
- Greater knowledge of Biblical, Theological and Intercultural principles.
- Commitment to the life-long journey into missions and discipleship.
- Personal growth and maturity through one-on-one mentorship and personal spiritual formation.
- Confidence to use passions and gifts to be effective in practical ministry outreach with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.