Vanguard College is passionate about ministry and missions around the world and is involved in several nations. We are passionate about training up leaders for Christ around the world and welcome you from wherever God has placed you to share His good news.
Applicants from foreign countries (other than USA) must comply with the requirements of the College as well as Citizenship and Immigration Canada, prior to entering Canada as a student. In addition to the application procedure, this involves:
You will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in English by achieving an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam.
- An acceptable TOEFL score will be 550 for the paper based test, 197 on the computer-based test or 86 on the internet test with a minimum score of 21 in each section.
- An acceptable IELTS overall score will be 6.5, and minimum individual band scores of 5.0.
- For information write to: TOEFL Services, Box 6154, Princeton, NJ 08541-6154, USA or IELTS Enquiries, Bridgewater House, 58 Whitworth Street, Manchester, U.K.
- See websites for more information: TOEFL Canada Website, IELTS Canada Website
We highly recommend initiating the application procedure at least six months prior to anticipated date of enrolment.
See the Canadian Immigration website for Application Processing Times based on your country.
Part A of the International Application is due:
May 1st for September Intake
September 1st for January Intake
Part B of the International Application is due:
May 15th for September Intake
September 15th for January Intake
Vanguard College is unable to accept applications past the due date.
Please note that the Academic Calendar at Vanguard College runs from September to April.
- September Intake is highly recommended
- January Intake is only available for specific programs and under certain circumstances
You will be required to have a sponsor who must assume full responsibility for your expenses. Your sponsor will be required to complete a Financial Agreement, indicating the amount and means of funding.
You will be required to purchase medical insurance prior to arriving in Canada, up until such time you are able to apply for AHCIP.
Getting health insurance is a requirement of Immigration Canada. Where you get it is up to you; you can do it either from your home country or from an agency in Canada.
The link to the details of what kind of insurance is required is:
We will then need a scanned copy of your insurance before you arrive.
- Following acceptance but prior to entry into Canada, international students must acquire a valid student visa, passport, and student authorization, or have landed immigrant status.
- To secure a student visa and authorization, the prospective student must present to Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials both an official letter of acceptance from Vanguard College and evidence of sufficient funds or financial aid for the school term.
- Other documentation may also be requested by Canada Immigration officials.
- Prior to arrival International Students will work closely with Enrolment Services and the Office of the Registrar regarding their Application and Admission.
- Foreign students are not eligible for any government funding by means of loans or grants. (Foreign students with dependents must also be prepared to pay the educational costs for their children.)
- For more information please see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp and www.studyincanada.com. Vanguard College’s Designated Learning Institution Number is O19283889212
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TUITION POLICY
Phase Tuition Policy for International Students
– Payment of a $300.00 Application deposit will be required before arrival.
– 35% of Tuition and Fees will be due before the last business day, before the first day of class.
– 25% of Tuition and Fees will be due Halfway through the semester.
– Final 40% left owing will be due at the end of the semester on the final day of classes.
This structure and breakdown align with the Phase Tuition Policy as laid out by the provincial government.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS – STUDY WHERE YOU ARE
If you are unable to attend Vanguard College on campus there are a number of other options available to you.
The PAOC GlobalED department has compiled a list of affiliated Bible Training Centres across the globe which you can browse here.
Vanguard College is proud to deliver accredited courses to students right where they are at through our online department, IBOLT. Visit www.ibolt.com for more information.
Please note: Vanguard College’s Designated Learning Institution Number is O19283889212