- Professionally competent and able to serve the children, families and volunteers in a local church or parachurch organization.
- Engaged in ministry with children and their families in creative and innovative ways.
- Primarily functioning as – but are not limited to – pastors to children and their families and who are able to work effectively as part of a pastoral staff team.
- Partnering with and equipping parents in their role as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Advocating for the role of children in the church and equip churches to fully welcome children into their congregations.
- Effectively communicating biblical and theological truths to children.