- Develop competency in the abilities and skills needed to lead ministries directed to children and adolescents as well as their families in different ministry contexts (church and para-church).
- Have a strong theological foundation that is based on scripture with a biblical worldview as well as cultural competence so they can effectively communicate biblical and theological truth to a variety of audiences.
- Gain hands-on ministry experience that will help to develop them into practitioners who are knowledgeable about various ministry tasks and roles, as well as provide pastoral care for children, adolescents, and their families.
- Recognize the importance of children, youth, and young adult ministries working together in order to help guide children and adolescents to Christian maturity.
- Demonstrate a lifestyle that reflects the qualities of a disciple of Christ.