SCHOLARSHIPS & BURSARIES
At Vanguard College, we are committed to helping our students graduate with as little debt as possible. This year, we will give away over $220,000 in scholarships and bursaries.
Vanguard College offers Entrance Scholarships to those with a minimum of 75% average in high school, relocation bursaries as well as many others. Find out what is available for you!
August 1 for September Intake, December 1 for January Intake.
Available to On-Campus students who are full-time (taking a minimum of 10 credits)
up to $1000 – Average of 75%
An average in five Grade 12 subjects.
At least 1 in each of:
- Language Arts course
- Math or Science course
- Social Sciences, Fine Arts, or other Language course
Including 2 in any other subject
*Post-Secondary Transcripts or a SAT may be considered provided that, the student has completed a Grade 12 diploma and at least one full semester (12 credits) of study at the Post-Secondary level. This includes Journeymen certification. Other accredited certifications may be considered.
ENTRANCE RELOCATION BURSARIES
up to $1000
Out of Province Bursary
- Available to new students who live outside Alberta and relocate to attend Vanguard College.
up to $1500
- Available to new students living in Vanguard College Student Housing for their first year.
- Limited to the number of spots available. Book your spot early.
Up to $500
- Available to students volunteering on a regular basis in the 12-month period prior to enrolling.
*The scholarship committee considers ongoing weekly/monthly engagement such as tutoring, youth leader, children’s worker, soccer coach, etc. as a definition of regular involvement.
FAMILY/MINISTRY SUPPORT BURSARY (10% Discount)
Available to students that have a sibling attending Vanguard College full time
CHURCH MATCHING BURSARY
Up to $500
- Vanguard College will match up to $500 of bursary provided by the student's church.
- This applies to churches outside of the PAOC AB NWT District.
*Additional documentation is required
PREVIEW DAY BURSARY
- Available to students who enroll in full-time students within 3 years of attending a Vanguard College Preview Day.
55 PLUS DISCOUNT
20% off Tuition
Available to individuals 55 years of age and older.
The Following Items MUST BE Submitted Prior to Application Deadline:
Scholarship & Bursary Application Form
Interim or Final Transcript (included in Admissions Application)
Confirmation letter(s) regarding ministerial status or church involvement, if applying for Family Ministry Support
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES
Vanguard College Students May Also Qualify for the Following Scholarships and Bursaries: