NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2020
SCHOLARSHIPS & BURSARIES
At Vanguard College, we are committed to helping our students graduate with as little debt as possible. This year, we will give away over $220,000 in scholarships and bursaries.
Vanguard College offers Entrance Scholarships to those with a minimum of 75% average in high school, relocation bursaries as well as many others. Find out what is available for you!
August 1 for September Intake
Available to On-Campus students who are full-time (taking a minimum of 10 credits)
up to $1000 – Average of 75%
An average in five Grade 12 subjects.
At least 1 in each of:
- Language Arts course
- Math or Science course
- Social Sciences, Fine Arts, or other Language course
Including 2 in any other subject
*Post-Secondary Transcripts or a SAT may be considered provided that, the student has completed a Grade 12 diploma and at least one full semester (12 credits) of study at the Post-Secondary level. This includes Journeymen certification. Other accredited certifications may be considered.
ENTRANCE RELOCATION BURSARIES
up to $1000
Out of Province Bursary
- Available to new students who live outside Alberta and relocate to attend Vanguard College.
up to $1500
- Available to new students living in Vanguard College Student Housing for their first year.
- Limited to the number of spots available. Book your spot early.
Up to $500
- Available to students volunteering on a regular basis in the 12-month period prior to enrolling.
*The scholarship committee considers ongoing weekly/monthly engagement such as tutoring, youth leader, children’s worker, soccer coach, etc. as a definition of regular involvement.
FAMILY/MINISTRY SUPPORT BURSARY (10% Discount)
Available to students that have a sibling attending Vanguard College full time
CHURCH MATCHING BURSARY
Up to $500
- Vanguard College will match up to $500 of bursary provided by the student's church.
- This applies to churches outside of the PAOC AB NWT District.
*The electronic form below will need to be completed.
PREVIEW DAY BURSARY
- Available to students who enroll in full-time students within 3 years of attending a Vanguard College Preview Day.
*The student's church will be given a form to complete.
55 PLUS DISCOUNT
20% off Tuition
Available to individuals 55 years of age and older.
The Following Items MUST BE Submitted Prior to Application Deadline:
Scholarship & Bursary Application Form
Interim or Final Transcript (included in Admissions Application)
Confirmation letter(s) regarding ministerial status or church involvement, if applying for Family Ministry Support
Fall Intake: August 1
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES
Vanguard College Students May Also Qualify for the Following Scholarships and Bursaries: