- You must have a definite experience of Christian conversion, with current evidence of faith in Christ and regular attendance at a local church for at least one year.
- You must portray evidence of sound Christian character and live in accordance with guidelines and standards set out in our Community Standards.
Part of the application process includes acknowledging that you have read and agree to adhere to the Community Conduct Standards of Vanguard College.
Applicants from Alberta
Applicants from Alberta must have achieved a valid high school diploma with the completion of a Grade 12 English with a minimum grade of 65% to gain entrance into a degree program.
Students with a Grade 12 English result of less than 65% are welcome to apply for a Certificate program or the Pursue Discipleship program and will be considered on a case by case basis. Upon successful completion of these programs, students are eligible to apply for continuance into a degree program.
Students coming from other post-secondary institutions must provide transcripts indicating good academic standing and a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Applicants from other Provinces or Territories
The following are the standings acceptable as equivalent to Alberta High School Diploma:
- Grade 12 English from British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland Labrador, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Nunavut, and Yukon.
- One year CEGEP from Quebec. Quebec students entering without CEGEP will be accepted into a certificate program until the successful completion of the freshman year, at which time they may register for a degree.
Applicants from the United States
Applicants from the United States must give evidence of possessing a valid Grade 12 diploma with a minimum final average of 60%. They should submit scores on the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) if available.
Due to COVID-19, border closures and difficulties for international students, Vanguard is not recommending international students apply to on-campus studies. Students are able to begin their Vanguard journey online if they so choose and switch to on-campus at a later date. Please see the International Students Page for more information.
Mature Student Status
Applicants 21 years of age or older on Registration Day, who have been away from formal education for a minimum of two years and who can demonstrate their ability to undertake college-level studies are eligible to complete the application process. Each applicant will be considered on an individual basis.
All Mature Students Applicants are required to provide an Official Transcript showing completion of (Grade 12 English) or their equivalencies before they may be admitted to a Diploma or Degree Program of Study.
The best option is to present results of standardized testing, such as Provincial Departmental results, ACT with a minumum score of 20, SAT with a minimum score of 900, or GED with a minimum score of 500.
Students who have not completed a high school diploma have the option to apply as an open studies student, completing two first-year courses with a minimum grade of C. Online students are required to take the Orientation to Online Learning and earn a minimum grade of a B.
At Vanguard College, we value home education and how important it is to students and parents. We recognize how home educating families strive for excellence in educational and spiritual formation, and how the tailored home education experience creates a unique and well-rounded individual.
Understanding that there are many different ways to achieve quality education, we have created many options to continue your education at Vanguard. We strive to personalize the admissions process, and we encourage home educated students to apply. Students will be evaluated on an individual basis, in keeping with the individual and tailored education received at home.
General Admissions Requirements
If you are a Canadian homeschool student you will need to submit:
- Transcript - an official transcript from your provincial ministry of education showing proof of the required Grade 12 courses OR
- Portfolio - a Learner Profile & Third Party transcript including a complete list of high school subjects completed, writing samples, and a Third Party transcript
- If a Third Party transcript is not available the following can be provided: ACT Testing with a minimum score of 20, SAT Testing with a minimum score of 900, or GED with a minimum score of 500 OR
- Vanguard Open Studies Courses - complete a minimum of two, 3-credit courses, with a grade of 2.0 or higher in each course from Vanguard (On-Campus or Online, as well as the Orientation to Online Learning Course (1-credit course).
See our Home-Based Learners Profile Requirements for Home Educated Applicants. Or contact Enrolment Services at email@example.com for further information.