Send me Info

Police Check Information

Every student registering for online or on campus at Vanguard College is required to secure a Vulnerable Sector Police Check. This check must be completed no sooner than 4 months before your course term start date. Vanguard College requires an original copy of the check to be completed in the name of Vanguard College.

Online Students: an email will be sent to you after you submit your application with instructions to complete an online police check through BackCheck that will be sent directly back to us. The following information is for On-Campus students only.

Residents of Edmonton:

Residents of Edmonton and surrounding areas of Beaumont, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, and Morinville can quickly and conveniently complete a vulnerable sector police check online at the link below: 


Applications can also be submitted at any local RCMP detachment in the surrounding areas. RCMP rates may vary.

Residents outside of Edmonton:

Residents outside of Edmonton must complete a Vulnerable Sector Search at their local RCMP station or police services station. Rates will vary depending on the location.

Once you have completed your check, mail it in, or or bring it with you when you come to the College. If your local police station or RCMP ask for an address to mail the check, use:

Vanguard College
12140 103 Street
Edmonton. AB
T5G 2J9

Do I really need to include the vulnerable sector check?

Yes, Vanguard College works closely with ministry partners in the city to coordinate practicum placements that involve students getting hands-on experience working in seniors homes, churches, youth groups, and homeless shelters.  These locations involve serving vulnerable individuals.

I completed a criminal check 10 months ago - can I use this check?

No, Vanguard College needs a check completed no sooner than four months prior to your term start date.